If you’ve never been in a car crash before, you may not know what to expect, or how much it’s going to cost you. Many people don’t even think about it, because they assume their insurance coverage will pay for everything. If that’s what you believe, then you don’t know about all the hidden costs of a car wreck.
Car crashes will often cost you a great deal more than just the property damage to your vehicle. Sometimes, if a person is not injured at all, the main cost will be repairs to the vehicle However, if you’re injured in an accident, expenses start popping out of your dashboard’s faux woodwork.
Think about it! When you’ve been hurt, you could be dealing with the following costs:
- Hospital bills, surgeries, medications, copays for outpatient medical care, etc.
- Lost income from the fact that you can’t work if you’re in the hospital or you’re recovering from a serious injury.
- You may need to hire a caregiver for a while, or pay for household assistance to take care of all the chores around the house.
- What about the cost of physical rehabilitation?
- Many people don’t consider the costs of mental health treatment and other mental health services. If you’ve been traumatized by the crash, you must pay for these services.
- What about the snowball effect? When you’re not working your bills aren’t getting paid, creating other financial issues in your life. If you don’t pay a credit card bill, interest accrues along with late payments and more. Isn’t that a hidden cost that your accident caused you?
The list could go on forever.
There’s only one way to avoid all the hidden costs associated with a relatively serious car crash—a car accident settlement.
How do you get a car crash settlement? You have to file a personal injury case.
Filing a personal injury case is a difficult process. Here are the steps you must follow:
- Contact a personal injury lawyer
- Complete and file the personal injury paperwork
- Document all the medical costs and other expenses your accident has caused you
- Give your attorney all the evidence you have of your car crash case and who was to blame for the wreck
- Attend all medical appointments
- Your attorney will help you work out a fair settlement with insurance companies for all your damages
- In rare cases your car crash case could be taken to court
Get started on your case so that you can be reimbursed for your auto wreck injuries!